Thanks to the generosity of our plum tree, I have been able to develop an IQS friendly plum jam. If you like super sweet jams, this may not be the recipe for you! This jam almost has a tartness about it, but my palate is used to things not being so sweet so I really love this one. When my in-laws were over from the UK we had scones, jam and cream a couple of times. Being sugar free, I always skipped the jam but I really look forward to having some scones now!
Refined Sugar Free Plum Jam
- 200g plums – washed, cut in half, stone removed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice (depending on how tart you would like it)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 50ml water
- Place plums in bowl – 3 sec/sp 5
- Add all remaining ingredients – 10mins/100°/sp3
- Remove cinnamon stick
- Check consistency and blend on sp3 for 5 seconds if you would like a smoother consistency
- Pour into a sterilised jar and keep in the fridge
This should keep in the fridge for a few weeks, however you can freeze it in ice cube trays too.
Perfect on toast with butter or ricotta, on top of pancakes, stirred through yoghurt or, as mentioned above, with scones and cream.