I’ve always looked at the beautiful, creative dishes that other bloggers share and thought that there is no way I could do that. I’m the type of person who always needs a recipe to cook a meal. Once I’ve used the recipe I can get creative, but I need that recipe as a starting point.
However, this blog seems to have given me some confidence and motivation to give this recipe creating thing a go. That and the ridiculous amount of plums our tree is giving us this season!
So, here goes! To fit with my clean living and I Quit Sugar, my recipes will be healthy (or healthier!) and low sugar. Whenever I can I use my Thermomix to cook, so all instructions will be for the Thermie. I’m sure every recipe can be made without the Thermomix but since I only have time to create and test when my little ones are asleep, I won’t be able to provide non-Thermomix cooking instructions.
Rustic Plum and Apple Crumble
Serves 8 – This recipe can easily be halved. If you do halve it, reduce the cooking time by 20%
- 400g red or green apples – washed, peeled, quartered and cored
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30g water
- 400g ripe plums – washed, stoned and quartered
- 140g almonds
- 80g walnuts
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 80g oats
- 50g rice malt syrup (RMS)
- 60g butter
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Add quartered apples to the bowl – 3sec/sp3
- Add cinnamon and water to apple – 80°/4min/rev/sp1
- Empty apple mixture into baking dish
- Stir quartered plums through apple mixture
- In a clean bowl, add almonds – 3sec/sp5
- Add walnuts, desiccated coconut and oats – 3sec/sp5
- Add RMS and butter – 25sec/rev/sp3 or until combined
- Top apple and plum mixture with crumble
- Bake for 25-30mins or until golden
- Serve with double cream, whipped cream or natural yoghurt.
You might end up with some leftover crumble mixture – spread on a baking tray and bake in the oven until golden. This is great on top of yoghurt in the morning!